Sunday, July 28, 2019

Paul Asik harassment by guards, physical and verbal abuse


Paul Asik 247346 CCI  bd1976
4 17 19

Dear Mrs. Peg Swan,
My name is Paul Asik and I am currently incarcerated in Columbia Correctional Institution as I am sure you are aware by the envelope.
I was told by numerous inmates that you help out those that need help.  I actually got your info from Nate Lindell about a month ago and he told me that he would drop you my name in a letter to let you know I would be reaching out to you for any help that you can offer.
I would first like to establish that I am not in any way trying to do anything but ask for a little guidance and whatever assistance that you might be able to provide me.  I know there are people out there that tend to try to take advantage of people but I am not one.  I am just hoping that you may be able to provide me with information that can help me with the issues I’ve been having these past couple years.
The problems I have been having is that the D.O.C. has been harassing and setting me up. Now I know that you may hear that alot and I just want you to know in my instance it is very true and I need help. It’s like this.
A couple years back I was taken to segregation in Redgranite Correctional under investigation and when it became apparent that I was not going to provide the information the capt. was trying to get. The first attempted to force me into a cell to sleep on the floor and when I would not comply I was left in waist restraints and cuffed to a shower door for over 7hrs until a new shift 1st came in and removed me. Now several incident reports were written and I filed numerous complaints that were just swept under the rug as I’m sure you know happens in the D.O.C. But there is a record of this to prove it happened. Now I wish it ended there but it did not. The harassment didn’t end there. When I complained about the arm injury sustained during the incident the HSU did everything they could to skirt around giving me the proper treatment for the injury to avoid any accountability for it. I guess their stance was that if they ignore it and not get it diagnosed properly that 1 I can’t prove an actual injury and 2 that it will eventually heal and I will not be able to prove it down the road. There are records to prove what I’m saying.
That isn’t the end of it though. Then the very same capt. Continued his harassment because of the complaint by taking me to seg under investigations that I had nothing to do with just to let me out days later with no tickets. Then he resorted to threats by security to cooperate about the drug issues in Redgranite and when I didn’t provide the info on my friends and other inmates I was harassed then eventually and I am ashamed ot admit this I caved but the only way I would is if there was law enforcement involved, that my name would be kept confidential and that at the end I would be transferred closer to Milwaukee to be closer to my mother who’s health is and has been failing. So as I waited for an official law enforcement agent to appear they come up with a better plan. I have no idea who this guy actually was but I met with a guy who claimed to be a Department of Justice agent and I completely opened up to him. He made numerous promises to me. The biggest thing was for me to get away from Redgranite and Capt. Wilke and I was assured this would happen. I gave him and security everything. Numerous inmates were busted for drugs and placed in seg. but you know what happened next. I was forced and black-mailed by security to seek out more information and report daily on a phone number they provided while I waited for this John character from the D.O.J. to show up and keep up his end. But no that didn’t happen because it was all a hoax. They just had someone pretend to be a D.O.J. agent. They literally had someone impersonate a law enforcement official. So now I found myself stuck and forced into a situation. I’m being threatened daily by security to provide info and threatened daily by inmates for being suspected snitch because after I started complaining about what was going on Capt. Wilke and security started name dropping my name to the guys in interviews saying I was the one who gave them up and putting information that would only carved back to me in the conduct reports. IT got to the point where it wasn’t safe for me there period but security wouldn’t intervene or help. There are countless phone calls that can verify this. A psychologist by the name of Wanda Berg who knew what was going on even tried to get the capt’s to do something but they kept promising her to help no matter how many times she told them my safety was in jeopardy. Finally she found a new capt. To place me in protective custody and to get me back they placed me in observation for a month with no property, visits, rec or anything. Then they have the social worker say I’m being shipped to Jackson 3hrs further away from my family, the exact opposite of what was promised to me. I tried numerous complaints and wrote Madison as well and no one will do anything about what was done to me, the danger they put me in, and that they impersonated a law enforcement agent. They don’t even deny it. All they do is tell me to write one person who tells me to write another who sends me back to the other person and ignores me over and over. Then in JCI they set me up with a bogus ticket and made super Capt. Wilke sends his regards before they found me guilty and sent me to max for it where all the guys I cooperated against are waiting to kick my butt or worse. It got to the point where they refuse to put me in General Population but won’t move me out of here and when they realized I was taking that bogus ticket to court they withheld my legal work causing me to be 4 days late filing in the courts and then the courts charged me $140.00 to dismiss my claim even though I had proof they held me legal work from me. Now I’ll get the court thing worked out, you already know they make you jump through hoops before hand. I’m not mad at that really. What’s got me so angry is all the abuse both mental and physical I’ve endured these past couple years by these people and the fact that they are refusing to hold anyone accountable for what happened. They just keep on sweeping it under the rug. My latest complaint they held for 2 weeks then said I filed it to late to be reviewed. I file for open records and they pretend they haven’t gotten the request.
Listen, I can prove everything I said. There is no one who will listen in the D.O.C. Well I’m tired of trying to get them to own up and hold their own accountable. What I’m asking you is if you have anyone who can help me expose this. Someone I can tell my story to. A lawyer, newspaper journalist, news or anyone that will help me. I want to expose them. I want them to be held accountable. I’m hoping you can please point me in the right direction. Anyone who will listen. I want it out there in the media so they got to answer for it and investigate this. I’m being forced to live in Protective Custody right now. I can’t go to rec, library and have panic attacks whenever they take me to HSU that I might get seen and attacked. I live in constant fear and they refuse to move me somewhere safe. Please, I’m begging for whatever information you can provide me with in order to help me. I can’t continue to live like this and appreciate whatever you can do as far as info. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Paul Asik
Paul Asik #247346

No comments:

Post a Comment